Friday, August 08, 2008

Busy Weeks


We are busily getting ready for school. Here's the countdown so far...


Dentist - done - 6 out of 6 children - plus an extra visit for 2 cavities for Emily


Eye Dr. - 2 out of 6 so far - 4 more to go next week - Terry had his first eye check up - he wasn't too keen on the puff of air or the eye drops - said he didn't think he would go back there!! :-)


School clothes, shoes and book bags - 5 out of 6 - Still have to do Troy's next week (I've been working on this one per week for the past 5 weeks - that way it wasn't such a chunk out of the budget. This is the first year that I've had to buy school clothes for all the children at the same time. $$$$ In home school, it didn't matter so much. Gwyn pointed out I am saving a lot of money this year with not having to buy any home school books - so I guess it really evens out!)


Registration - 1 of 6 done - Troy got his class list and school id yesterday, all the others go next week


Hair cuts - none done yet - what have I been doing, just sitting around?



I'm still looking forward (albeit a little nervously) to all the children going to school for the first time this year? Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do. (Stephen told a lady at church that I was going to spend my day watching Dr. Phil!!) :-) Even with them all gone, I don't think I'm going to have to hunt too hard to find things that need to be done!!! :-)

No comments: