Sunday, November 29, 2009


Well, the children loved An Old-Fashioned Christmas by Louisa May Alcott. The movie didn't make it in time for the weekend holiday so maybe they will be able to watch it next weekend.

Tonight we started One Wintry Night by Ruth Bell Graham. We read this story two years ago and they loved it. We will read it slow - just one chapter a night - and linger over it through December. Tonight we started by reading Luke 2 - the intro of the book. If you haven't read this story to your children - it is a beautiful read. It briefly tells the history of the Bible and shows our need for a Savior and God's gift of Jesus. The pictures are fabulous, especially the angel at the gate of Eden and the lion. I'm hoping Bobbie will draw the lion when we get to it. I'll try and post it if he does.

I have begun reading a new book called Frugal Luxuries. It has me thinking all about gardening right here at the end of November!!! The book flap says it's a combination of Simple Abundance and The Tightwad Gazette. Sounds good....




I am also trying to finish up The Missing by Beverly Lewis from the new series - Seasons of Grace. Last Christmas I got a couple of Grace Livingston Hill Christmas books and only had time to read one of them. I saved them and packed them away in my Christmas boxes, so I have a new GLH Christmas book sitting in there just waiting for me.... I SO LOVE BOOKS!!!!! :-)





Yeah!!! All the Christmas decorations came in this weekend after a long night of Black Friday shopping!! Hopefully tomorrow we can get started!!! I love Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Good Morning Kelly,

Serendipity brought me to your blog (I was googling Beverly Lewis) and what a wonderful surprise to see that you're reading my first book!! Thank you for the nice mention. I pray you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Blessings and good thoughts to you.

Warmly,
Tracey