Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Pancakes, BlueBerry, Peanut Butter


Last night Emily cooked blueberry pancakes for our dinner (except for Artie, who had chicken and rice - he doesn't like sweet things for dinner - while me, I can live off them forever!!)

Here is our pancake recipe

2 cups of flour
5 t baking powder
1 t salt
3 T sugar
2 eggs
2 C milk
1/3 C melted margarine or oil

Combine and pour on warm skillet. Cook until it bubbles and then turn and cook a moment more.

These are so simple and easy to make. There is really no need as far as ease for having to buy pancake mix. (now if you can get it for free with coupons that's a different story!!)

We added in 1 cup of blueberries for last night's meal. They were so good, they just popped in your mouth.

You can also change the recipe to make peanut butter pancakes by added 1/3 cup peanut butter.
I think we are going to make some more blueberry pancakes today and put them up in the freezer. Hey, our frozen blueberries turned out great too.
Next year I hope to buy more than I did this year. I only bought 5 pints this year while they were such a good price. I definitely need 10 or 15.
So what to cook with them now?

No comments: