Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Taco Mix

So, I'm jumping in here from out of the blue. There are so many things to catch up, I might not ever.

Still unsteady from Bobbie's death but one thing I was sure of sitting in her funeral, I want to blog again. I want my children to have my words - good, bad, silly and wise. I want them to know what I was thinking when I did ... whatever, and how God always is faithful.

I want to give them what I wish I had from my mama....

So, I am gonna try my best to give it another go round. Posting little bits here and there, maybe... maybe not..., but I'm gonna try.




Here is a mix recipe for tacos that we have used for years. It came from the book Miserly Moms.

1/4 cup red pepper flakes or chili powder
1/4 cup ground cumin
1/4 cup oregano
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup onion powder

2T cayenne pepper
2T salt
1T cloves

Mix well and store in sealed container

For tacos: add 2T to 1 pound of hamburger. Cook together and then drain. Or in our house add 10T to five pounds of hamburger...

For Dips: add 2T to 1 cup sour cream or yogurt

For Mexican Beef: add 2-4 T over a roast and cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours. Shred and serve on soft taco shells with fixings

No comments: