Sunday, September 30, 2007

Artie's Birthday

I did it, I did it!!!!

Friday was Artie's 39TH birthday and I pulled off the most wonderful birthday surprise. All he knew was that on Saturday, we were loading up in the car (two cars actutally) and heading out for a road trip somewhere in North Carolina about two hours away. He had no idea where we were going and tried to be a good sport about it. :-) It was the most beautiful day - the sky was so blue.


We took him skydiving!!!! It was his very first jump. This is on his list of things he had to do in his lifetime. (Now if I could figure out how to get a dinner with Terry Bradshaw, I think he could throw the list away!!) :-)


It was such a fun day. He went up 10,000 feet in a tiny little airplane and did a tandem jump with a man named Tom (who had 1900 jumps). They had a 40 second free fall at 120 miles per hour then a five minute descent once the parachute came out for the last 5000 feet.

We had a nice picnic - all planned and prepared by the girls - with sandwiches, chips, pickles and peppers, apples and caramel dip and ended it with homemade birthday cake.

You couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!!!

I love you sweetie, Happy Birthday!!!



PS. Sorry for the crocked picture, I got a new scanner from my new friend Nikki and I am still trying to figure it all out. It's great Nikki!!!! :-)

No comments: