Monday, January 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday





We're trying to get back on (and stay on) track for the week. I think I'm still catching up from Artie being off work over Christmas. He went back to work last week, but between taking all the little children to the dentist and then our after school appointments I didn't feel like I got much accomplished. With horseback riding on Saturday - I didn't get to go to the grocery store for our weekly groceries. I'm just gonna see what I can do with what I have in the house and then have a big grocery day after pay day.



Monday - grilled pork chops (Artie's the cook on the grill)



Tuesday - leftovers - BBQ hash, stew beef and baked potatoes, Manwiches - fix your favorite of what's in the frig



Wednesday - chicken noodle soup for the littles (me and Artie out to grab a bite alone while they are in church classes)



Thursday - Little Caesar's Pizza (wrestling night)



Friday - Mama's lasagna



Saturday - Chicken and dumpling soup (Rachael Ray- Emily's school cookbook this year - it's called Comfort Foods)



Emily tried to cook this last week. It turned into a 5 day soup. She had to dice celery, peel and dice carrots and potatoes, chop parsley, cube and brown chicken...it took forever. 30 min? Forget it!!! :-) She did a little bit each day. Yesterday, we went to finish it and I ruined it. I had a new pot and turned it up on high to get the broth to boil to add the dumplings in and the pot melted on the stove. Artie did taste it before it was boiling and said it was the best soup he had ever tasted. It never made it to boiling - I scorched it. I called Artie's mom and she said that kind of pan can't cook on high - it didn't say that on the pan!!! So, I'm hoping to go and find another good stock pan this week before I try the soup again. I'm gonna get it ready as far as Emily had it and then let her finish it up. I felt so bad about ruining it, she had worked so hard. We had BBQ hash with a roast Brenda had cooked earlier in the week instead.


Sunday - roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans

No comments: