Thursday, December 27, 2007


Here's a meme from Footprints on the Frig. I so love books, so this was a pretty easy one for me.

1. One book that changed your life: The Spirit of Loveliness by Emilie Barnes - I so love Emilie's writings. She kinda stepped into my life through her writings and taught me of being ladylike. My second daughter is named after her. Also, Love Life for Every Married Couple by Dr. Wheat - a wonderful book for newly married - great for setting the stage for marriage. We studied this in a young married home group and Artie and I could always tell when the other person had been reading "the book"!!

2. One book that you have read more than once: A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola- one of my favorite homeschooling books; I think I am about to reread Real Learning by Karen Foss - I just got it a couple of months ago and it made it to my favorite home school list too. Then the children's books are uncountable - probably the one I've read the most is Little House in the Big Woods - I love the list of kitchen foods like onions hanging on a rope and hams hanging from a hook.

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: Bible

4. One book that made you laugh: God Uses Cracked Pots - Patsy Clairmont - I use to shake the bed trying not to laugh out loud when I would read this and Artie was asleep - he would look at me and say "are you reading "that" book again?"

5. One book that made you cry: Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom - not many books make me cry - but this one is so touching and life changing

6. One book that you wish had been written: how to mother 7 children and know they will all walk with God

7. One book that you wish had never been written: Harry Potter

8. One book you are currently reading: Sanctuary by Beverly Lewis, Created to be his helpmate by Debi Pearl, Mere Christianity with Brenda, Charlotte's Web with Emily

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Healing Life's Hurts Through Theophostic Prayer by Edward Smith - my best friend Daria sent this to me months ago and it's taking me a long time to get to it. What I've read so far is very moving - lots to think through. It has already changed the way I see God seeing me.

No comments: