Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mimi's Dressing




So, maybe one day I'll get good enough to take pictures after I cook things, but so far - not!! I did get some pictures of the girls making dressing at Thanksgiving - but nothing of the final product. I looked online and couldn't find anything that looked like our, so you'll just have to imagine.


This one is more time consuming that the fudge and pies (cause I need to have a turkey cooked first), but still not hard. (Brenda loves to cook the turkerys now. It's been over a year since I've really cooked one)


Ingredients:


corn bread (directions following)


6 Grands biscuits - cooked


1 onion - diced (Artie hates onions in things, so I puree mine - he does likes the flavor they give)


2t sage (or maybe a little more - that's what makes it to me)


6 cans chicken broth


gravy from turkey (I cook a large can of cream of chicken soup inside my turkey and pour a good bit of it in the dressing when it's done - I save the rest of it and make gravy with it - it's so yummy)


salt and pepper


Pepperidge
farm herb dressing


bake 30 minutes


That's all the directions I have. We cook the cornbread and biscuits first and then let them cool. Shred both and add to the Pepperidge farm dressing - mix them up good. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then add in the gravy from the turkey and finish it with the chicken broth. It should be a little soupy. Pour in a 9 x 13 pan and bake. It's a very full pan - be careful.


Bobbie's Cornbread (Artie's mama)


(I didn't fix dressing for a long time because I didn't know how to make cornbread. It's so easy - I can't believe it took me so long to ask how to make it!)


Ingredients:


1 cup self-rising cornmeal


1 cup self-rising flour


1 egg


2 T oil


1 cup milk or buttermilk


Combine all - bake 425 for 25 minutes. Easy enough? :-)

No comments: