Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mimi's Chocolate Fudge


While I still have my cookbook out, I guess I will post of couple more recipes. Here is Mimi's fudge that the girls and I cooked last week and Mimi's for school. We made three batches and it's so yummy!!!
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
5 cups sugar
1 can of milk
Cook the above 13 - 15 minutes
Then add:
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 large jar of marshmallow cream
1 cup peanut butter
1 t vanilla
Mix well until all melted. Pour in 9 x 13 pan. Also to set up and harden (sometimes I stick this in the freezer as well and then transfer to the frig)
Everything we cook is so simple - but this is a lifetime favorite. I've been eating Mimi's fudge since I was a little girl. We were talking the other day trying to figure out where the original recipe came from. She couldn't remember - maybe the back of the marshmallow cream jar? :-)

No comments: